Sunday 21 September 2003

On the stereo now: Maria Callas. Did you know it was her birthday last week?

I thought I'd give weblogging a shot. Perhaps it will cut down the load on your straight-to-trash spam filter. ;)

How are things on your side of the world? I attended an exibition on modern Japanese paintings this weekend at the Nihombashi Takashimaya. It was quite nice, although I didn't really know at what I was looking. Who's had this feeling before? I think we should start learning about these things sometime.

Actually, come to think of it, I have quite an artistic family. My mother Chinese watercolor and calligraphy. After I went home to Taipei this summer, I realized that she's actually pretty good! No wonder my father keeps saying that he's going to be her agent after he retires. I thought he was joking, but I think perhaps...not entirely. Speaking of my father, he's pretty talented too, although not in painting. He photographs. But we can only take his word for it because we haven't seen anything from him lately. Or maybe it's because I took his camera. Hahaha.

Some of those artsy genes did make their way down to my brothers and I. Daniel can paint and Michael and I can shoot. I think some of Michael's prints made it into a published book. Once I figure out how to put pictures in these blogs, I will put some of mine up.

What kind of artist are you? What kind of things do you like to do? Leave me a message. :)

Time to go get the car before the typhoon eats me alive on my way there.

Have a nice week!

No comments: