Wednesday 17 January 2007

No water

When I got home after work, I turned on the water for just a little bit to wet my hands. I then soaped up and turned the tap back on to rinse it off. And there was no water. I tried another sink. No water there either. My hands all covered in soap, I tissued it all off and then called my landlady's mom. She said there's nothing wrong with the water service, but there's a notice by the lift that says the water tower was being repaired and the water will come back on in three days. Three days!! My landlady's mom invited me over to shower at their place. It was very nice of her, but I didn't want to bother her family. Plus, people were about to deliver the washer and dryer Mom and Dad purchased for me (Thank you, Mom and Dad!!) and I needed to attend to them. What a great day to get a washer installed.

I suppose I missed the notice because I'm always in a hurry on the way out in the mornings and too tired to see when I come home at night.

So I called Mom and she just laughed and said "take a taxi and come home." So now I am home in Danshui. I guess I'll be getting a ride from Dad for the next few days. Lucky me!

No comments: