Thursday 5 March 2009

More printing practice





My first stretch of four days off felt like...a month. I'm just so not used to working and running around Taipei all day, chasing people down with my microphone and cameraman. But I could get used to this slower pace. My body is liking it. The first couple of days, I practiced woodblock printing. The gradation's getting better, but mixing the colors to how I want them to be is still really, really REALLY difficult. 頑張ります。Instead of putting them all over the floor and waiting forever for them to dry, I've decided to hang them up. Works like a miracle.










The prints that I'm not satisfied with (which right now are almost all of them), I started making them into cards. And since I get leftover strips of paper, I've made those into bookmarks that I can give to friends and family and coworkers. Who would like a bookmark? 只送不賣。

Please say "hello" to my newest orchid (that I haven't killed yet). Its name is "Kitty." I didn't name it, the grower did. They even won some kind of award for this last year.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

With some more practice, I'm sure you'll get the colors right. As is, the print looks quite beautiful. And your bookmark idea, very creative.

said...

Michella, WOW they look awesome!

Though you said it's hard to mix the colors to how you want them to be, they are very beautiful!!

Go for it^^

by the way, Who would like a bookmark? ME!! HA^^

Anonymous said...

Michella,

Very impressive with the wood block printing......

Also, a nice orchid. I was told that a person should put egg shells on top of the soil of an orchid plant to make it grow better. Have you ever heard of this. I have not done this but am thinking that it may help my orchid. :)
thanks,

Unknown said...

Seb, if you really would like a bookmark, you can pick it up at FTV. Let me know when you're coming so I can leave it with the receptionist for you.

Unknown said...

Hi Bryan,

I've never heard of using egg shells with orchids, so I googled it. Turns out it's not recommended, because orchids don't need protein. Instead, the need salt and minerals. Fertilizer may work best.

I'm going to the Orchid expo in Tainan this afternoon. Will post pictures!

Unknown said...

Thank you, Lin!

Unknown said...

Nice art work! I'm glad you got to do something you enjoy on your day offs :)