Friday 10 April 2009

When you lose, don't lose the lesson.

Last day on the night shift. What a nightmare this one has been. Two (of the four) night shift reporters were called to work on documentaries, one has been doing features on and off, which left me to cover almost everything most of this week. Really tired.

The most important thing I learned this week is that when I'm tired, I should keep my mouth shut and fingers off the keyboard when something unpleasant comes my way. My responses to those unpleasantries and even the smallest disappointments have been way overboard, ungrateful and inappropriate. So the next time I am tired or stressed out, I should just take deep breaths, a lot of them so I won't regret it like I am now.

In an email William passed around today there was one line that said, "when you lose, don't lose the lesson." It couldn't have come at a better time.

So if I was rude and ungrateful to you, I sincerely apologize. Remind me when you see me next and a Double Rainbow ice cream is on me. :)

No comments: