Friday 8 June 2007

Tape review



Wow, my eyes half-close when I don't know what I'm talking about! What an interesting discovery!

Last weekend when I went to borrow the tape of the segment that I presented, the archive room told me that the DVD broke. While I was a little disappointed, at the same time, I was relieved that I didn't have to see my embarrassing debut. Then today, an editor/producer told me that there's another file saved on a hard disk and that he could show me if I wanted to. He said, "you're my friend so I want to help you." I was so touched! 頑張らないと!

It wasn't so bad! I stumbled a few times, read 2 characters wrong, but other than that, I thought that it wasn't disastrous as I originally feared it would be. My MD didn't say it was good (she never does) but she didn't say it was bad either. Others seem to think it was a good start. Gosh, I'm relieved!

After reviewing the tape, I realized that I need to look a little confident and smile a little more. I think those things come hand in hand though, and I don't think I'll have either during tomorrow's Taiwanese segment. It's Mission: Impossible! If I get stuck, I'm going to start speaking Japanese. I don't care.

I don't care about the hair and make-up right now. I'll sort out the kinks when I can handle my anchoring.

No comments: