Friday 15 May 2009

Boo hoo


Went to donate blood at Taipei city hall in between interviews. I'm terrified of needles, but as long as the process is done in 15 minutes, from poke to finish, I'm usually fine. Well, this time was different. The nurse said my blood vessel collapsed and the blood wasn't quite flowing, so she adjusted the needle. And adjusted it. And adjusted it. And adjusted it so many times I broke into a cold sweat and was wet from head to toe and began to fade so I asked her to stop trying and take the needle out before I completely lost consciousness. Oh, I felt so sick. And disappointed that I didn't fill up the entire 250 cc bag. Oh well. To make it worse, all the needle poking left a big bad bruise reminiscent of the Chen Yunlin protests last November. At least this won't scar. But I don't think I'll be donating blood for a while.

No comments: