Thursday 10 June 2010

Hong Kong - Yung Kee 鏞記

Roasted goose 燒鵝



lo mein 撈麵

























Very tasty roasted goose! It's very much like roasted duck, but I think not as gamy. It's very juicy and you really feel it as you sink your teeth into the firm meat and the juices come streaking out. It comes with a thick dipping sauce that tastes of plum, citrus and a little bit of salt, so it's mostly sour, but sweet as well. The sourness of the sauce does a good job of balancing the greasiness of the goose that starts to creep in after about three pieces.

I had an interesting experience ordering my food here. I asked if they had a small roasted goose set lunch, they said yes. And they brought me one big plate of goose. I asked if it came with rice, or vegetables or noodles or something. They said no, but I can order it. So I ordered a small plate of lo mein, which are these thin, al dente wheat noodles that I love. The noodles came with 2 sticks of vegetables and a salty broth. The bill came out to be 200 something HKD, which was unexpected. I never imagined a Chinese meal with some goose and noodles to be so expensive. So the bill and the service were rather unpleasant surprises. When I took a closer look at the menu, there was a goose rice dish, and that was only HKD38. Hm. Feeling like a scammed tourist. On the bright side, though. The goose was tasty.

好吃的燒鵝!
跟燒鴨很像
但我覺得沒燒鴨來的腥
QQ的肉裡面夾帶著很多的汁
一咬下去,汁就流出來
醬酸酸甜甜的,有梅子,有柑橘類的食材
會稍微中和吃了兩三塊燒鵝之後開始出現的油膩感

點菜的過程有點讓我出乎意料
我問有沒有小小的燒鵝套餐之類的東西
服務生說有
結果來了一大盤燒鵝
我問這有沒有附帶飯還是麵還是菜
他說沒有,但可以追加
我點撈麵
撈麵有附帶兩根菜,一碗鹹鹹的湯
賬單總額200多港幣
蠻驚訝一個燒鴨和麵會這麼貴
所以他們的服務和價錢真的讓我有點出乎意料
後來仔細看菜單
有個燒鵝飯,才38塊
感覺被騙了

不過往好的方向想,
那燒鵝真的挺好吃



Yung Kee 鏞記
32-40 Wellington Street
Central, Hong Kong
+852 2522 1624
香港威靈頓街23-40號

No comments: