Sunday 5 June 2005

A Good Reason to Play

On TV: pre-recorded CSI

My eyes are 4/5 of the way closed.

Another week sped through of which I barely hung on to. I was tired and had a hard time focusing starting Day One. It was a nightmare, until Thursday.

I had several things planned before work during the week, and I could only get myself to finish just 1 of them. Although it was painful, I still got up, but I just couldn't bring myself to finish breakfast, get ready and leave the house. I don't know where all the time went. I was so fed up with myself and I told Mom that before leaving to buy Wise's graduation present on Thursday.

She said I need to start horseback riding again. What wisdom. I instantly felt better.

I kept putting off time I needed to spend for myself and instead tried to do things that I thought I should rather be doing. Here's a lesson on managing the balance between one's professional and private life.

Friday morning, I rode, Saturday morning, I sketched. I'm feeling much better. Thank goodness for mothers.

The Cabernet Sauvignon is making me sleepy.

Good night, everybody.

No comments: