Thursday 18 August 2005

First Day of the Week

Blogging from my lounge chair and ottoman. What a luxury.

This week started on a Wednesday. It just started, and I'm already tired. Or am I still tired? Either way, I'm tired. I need genki-juice.

As soon as I had cleaned up and replied to emails, my box was cluttered with replies again. It will never end. But I'm glad they are mostly replies from my hello's.

I slept much too late last night. I was a zombie (although a very busy one) at work today and almost fell asleep driving home. I must sleep earlier.

My schedule for tomorrow (today) was set just a few minutes ago. I almost fell out of my chair when I saw it.

10h00 - meeting with animation company to see about voicing over some cartoons
15h45 - interview with chairman of Council for Cultural Affairs about promoting festivals and culture in Taiwan
24h00 - report on Ghost Festival in Keelung, as the lanterns are set out to sea

I had no idea the lanterns would be set out at midnight. I was so excited that I would have short day tomorrow, since I'll be reporting and won't have to stay until the show is done taping. Such is life. But I will be seeing beautiful things and the water, so I'm happy. But for staying out so late, I'm going to make two stories out of this one--one for promoting culture and one for the festival. Both the chairman of the CCA and the premier will be at the event.

I still haven't decided if I will be there from the start of the parade (19h00) or show up right before the lanterns are sailed off. There will be two other teams from our station there, so I will get footage from them. All I really need is to do a stand-up. but perhaps I can find a nice cafe to think and nap in between the parade and the lanterns. It would probably be best to at least be at the site. The festivities should give me some inspiration and ideas of what to say in the stand-up.

I still need to find a place to rest between the morning meeting and the interview, though. Kinyoshi recommended me to get a massage. Since I will be in my heels all day, I think a foot massage may be the way to go. I really want to find a place to hide and nap, which isn't the office. Home is too far away. Any ideas?

I don't even know what I'm going to wear tomorrow yet. For the festival, I wanted to do something a little more casual. I don't think a yukata would work, since this is Taiwan, and I'm technically a journalist. Plus, I can't interview a minister-level government official in that. Since it will be dark dark dark tomorrow night, I think I'll wear something bright. White pants, white button-down shirt with a cute handkerchief around my neck. I'll put a jacket on during the interview and then go without in Keelung, and I will roll up my sleeves. Maybe that's what I'll do.

It's 01h15. I'm supposed to be up at 07h30. I'm going to look like a monster. Good night.

Oh oh, when I was talking to a PR company over the phone today about something they wanted to do with our show, they asked me if I would be interested in hosting events for them. I hope this is the start of something!

No comments: