Sunday 20 July 2008

Therapy


(via Knowledge 2008)

When people find themselves in an emotional pickle, I think the method they use to try to get themselves out of it has much to do with the local culture. Usually it involves friends and bars in any country you're talking about, but aside from love and booze, in the States, many people see psychologists, and in Taiwan and in Japan, many people see fortune tellers. Americans get their head shrunk and Taiwanese and Japanese get their futures brightened. Smaller head, bigger future - let's call the whole thing off.


(via hamazo blog)



(via 老山羊部落格)

So I'm trying self-therapy for now - Frank Sinatra. It's working pretty well. Saved a whole bunch of money already. (Had dinner and a bottle of wine with Ann and Luke last night at Nonzero though.)



(via Irvine Housing Blog)

8 comments:

TC said...

My therapy is usually a good book read in a good coffee shop or restaurant after a day spent wandering around taking photographs.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing, poagao. Wandering around taking pictures sounds like fun. I used to do that in college with my dad's Canon F-1 which is older than me. Now I only have a basic little digital camera that doesn't take nearly as beautiful pictures. SLR's and good lenses are so expensive!

Care to share your favorite cafe's and restaurants?

TC said...

Just about any camera will do fine, just need to learn how to use it.

I'm not picky about places, as long as they're half decent, not too smoky or bright and have a small table by a window.

Unknown said...

How do I get depth of field on a point and shoot digital camera? I remember on the old SLR, I would lower the F-stop and adjust the shutter speed, but I don't think I have those on the P&S.

Any ideas?

TC said...

No, shallow depth of field is difficult with most p/s cameras, unless you shoot things close up against things far away in the background. But that shouldn't stop you from expressing yourself with a camera.

Anonymous said...

You keep going to this Nonzero place. It must be really good. Gotta try it someday. Have you gone to Toastaria? Good bread and cheap.

Unknown said...

Never been to Toasteria, but those grilled cheese sandwiches at http://tinyurl.com/6db4mz sure look good! And it's been forever since I've had a panini. Since Mr Sandwich closed, I guess. Have to swing by Toasteria sometime. Thanks for the suggestion.

And yes, Nonzero is really good. Pricey, but good. The chef is always open to discussion and new ideas. She is never afraid to share what she's got in her brain either. I really appreciate that.

Unknown said...

By the way, I keep watching that video of Andrew falling asleep. I always crack up when he looks like he's going to burst out laughing.