Friday 24 September 2010

Happy to be learning

I spent the first half the year in limbo - going nowhere, learning nothing and dying of boredom. I'm not sure if I'm going anywhere right now, but I am definitely busy beyond belief and learning a lot! I am

- making longer travel stories: 4'30'' instead of the usual 1'30''
- lighting: when to and when not to do stand-ups (talking in front of the camera)
- hosting: TV shows and events
- video editing: making Grandpa's party video
- photography: framing shots, paying more attention to light
- dealing with people: how not to completely blow up when people do unbelievable things
- spending more time with family

IQ and EQ points are both on the rise.

Some people say it's unbelievable how I am made to cover spot news, work the night shift, anchor on my time off, run around all over the country to make travel stories in different languages and to host programs, so I should get a 300% raise. But I think I'm lucky to be going through such intensive training and getting paid to do it.

For the first time, I see a bright future ahead of myself.

:)

No comments: