Monday 1 February 2010

追分だんご Oiwake dango

Every time I go to Sekaido for art supplies in Shinjuku, I walk by this sweets shop. Usually you see obasan's and obaachan's (older women and grannies) go to shops like this for a snack in the afternoon, or to buy some to take home to the family. I love places like this - quiet, soothing, unpretentious and nostalgic. It's a great place to be alone or with friends. Perhaps it means I'm becoming an obasan. Or obaachan even. I ordered anmitsu, which was almost frighteningly sweet, but absolutely heavenly taken with sips of slightly bitter/astringent green tea in between.

每次到新宿的世界堂買美術用品
都會經過這家店

通常都是看到阿媽們進去這種店
吃個傳統日式的下午茶
或者買小點心回去給家人吃

我好喜歡這種地方
安靜
舒服
低調
懷舊
無論是一個人去
還是與朋友一起
都很適合

我是不是變成老阿媽了?
哎呀

我點了anmitsu
雖然幾乎是夭壽甜(甜得要死)
但是吃一口點心
喝一口有點澀澀的綠茶
超~享受





red bean paste, kiwi, cherry, peach, mandarin, pear, beans, agar agar
紅豆泥、奇異果、櫻桃、水蜜桃、橘子、西洋梨、豆子、寒天




after pouring on the brown sugar syrup
淋上黑糖漿







The Japanese is too complicated for me, but I think this shop has been around for hundreds of years. Would anyone like to roughly translate this for me? :D

這日文看不太懂
但是在講店的故事和歷史
好像是家數百年的老店
有人想翻譯一下嗎? :D

追分だんご本舗
新宿三丁目3−1−22

Oiwake dango honpo
3-1-22 Shinjuku Sanchome

tel 0120 010 116
9h00 - 17h00

No comments: