Taipei is really a wonderful city. I was daydreaming the other day and thought if I ever get out of here and have lots of jobs all over Asia, I'd like to make Taipei my home base.
Here are some reasons why:
- Mom and Dad and the dogs are here
- convenient regional location - between Singapore, Hong Kong, China, Japan
- convenient city to live in - practically anything and everything is available, including top hotels, delicious restaurants, big malls, nice boutiques, tea houses, wonderful cafes, museums, night markets, good hospitals, low taxes
- lower living costs - you don't have to spend a lot to live comfortably
- not far from nature - everything is just a short drive or train ride away
Some pictures of beautiful Taiwan from an email being passed around.