Wednesday 17 December 2008

Hanga day






I bought an orchid, hopped on a taxi and finally made it to the arts university in Banqiao today. The last time I went was years ago, before the print art center became a graduate school!

Before I got to school, I was feeling anxious and uneasy, like I have been lately, as if something's about to happen. But after I started sketching, coloring and carving, I was in a totally different world and everything else seemed to just melt away. It was like time had stopped and I was in a tranquil bubble of just me and what I was making with my hands. I started at 14h30, and when I came up for air, it was already 20h30! I didn't even feel hungry or cold! Except now my eyes, neck, shoulders, fingers and arms are aching from being hunched over and drawing and carving all this time.

Big thank you's to 鍾老師 and his students for the help! I'll be back in the morning tomorrow!

This will be my very first woodblock print. Exhausted and fatigued, but so happy about getting back to doing art.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's quite an amazing talent you have there !