Saturday 17 November 2007

You're beautiful, but you're killing me



These beautiful, purple flowers bloomed outside my window last week, and are making me so sick. Since coming back to Taiwan, I've never had allergies this bad. My eyes were so swollen that I couldn't wear contact lenses all week, my nose was constantly running and itchy and my throat so painful that it caused me to wake up in the middle of the night to dig out the cough drops.
Ugh!

So the day before yesterday, I went to the ENT doctor by FTV, and got some medicine. So instead of being utterly miserable and unable to see, breath and speak clearly, I was completely drugged out. It made me sleep all day yesterday, which was great because I was off, but when I anchored this morning, I felt like there were balloon tied to me and I was lifting off my seat. I didn't know what in the world I was saying in front of the camera and it took the strength of nine cows and two tigers (Chinese saying 九牛二虎之力) to concentrate on just READING.

But on the bright side, maybe I'll not notice my boss as much while I'm on this medication. Hey, what an idea. Keep blooming, Flowers.

No comments: