Thursday 27 March 2008

I’m back! 我回來了!



Elections are tough on the media! Our off days were blocked out from one week before the presidential elections until one day after the elections. The lucky folks only had to work nine straight days. Some had to work more than 15. I was one of the lucky – I only had to work ten before getting a day off to recharge.

選舉的時候,媒體真的好辛苦!
我們被禁了九天假,
幸運的人剛剛好連上九天,
倒楣的人得連上超過十五天,
我算蠻lucky,上了十天班之後,
休息了一天。

I was so tired every night when I got home that I started falling asleep in my work clothes and make-up again. I would do laundry, put it in the dryer, take it out, pile it on my bed to fold and put away, but only to bulldoze it onto the floor and konk out. Then I would pick out a right sock, a left sock, underwear and a pair of jeans from the pile and then find a top and a jacket from the closet in next morning. And when I got home from work, I’d go digging in that same pile for pajamas and underwear for the night (when I did not fall asleep in my work clothes and make-up). I felt like Lucky, Miffy, King and Oreo digging for toys in the garden. I’ve never seen my room so messy and lived so much like Michael.

每天都好累,
晚上回到家,
常常沒換衣服 、卸妝、洗澡,
就昏倒在床上。
衣服洗一洗、烘乾、拿出來、
倒到床上準備折好、收好,
結果像堆土機般的,
我把衣服全推到地上,
早上再從衣服堆當中
撈出一隻左襪、一隻又襪、
內衣褲、牛仔褲,
然後到衣櫥裡找出一件
上衣和外套。
晚上呢,如果沒有倒頭就睡,
再從衣服丘裡面挖出睡衣和內衣褲。
那感覺好像Lucky, Miffy, King, Oreo
在花園裡面挖寶。
第一次體驗房間那麼亂,
也第一次體驗到Michael的生活習慣。

Although the elections was grueling and often times frustrating for me, I had a very interesting experience. The feeling of being in it together with the rest of my exhausted colleagues was great. Rarely does this happen, but few people complained. News-wise, politics-wise, news mixed together with politics-wise, I learned so much.




雖然總統大選很累,
有時候也讓我感到無奈,
但真的是一個有趣的經驗。
跟一樣也是累到快死的同事
一起奮鬥,打選戰的感覺真好。
很難得的,這期間,很少人抱怨。
新聞方面、政治方面、政治新聞方面,
收穫好多好多。

No comments: