Thursday 13 March 2008

Pull through, Grandpa! 阿公加油!

Grandpa (Lin) suffered from a coronary artery dissection, and things happened so fast... Last week, over two 10+ hours surgeries, doctors amputated his right foot, removed 120 cm of his small intestines, repaired a coronary artery, rewired other arteries and stuck him full of tubes connected to plenty of machines. Doctors said he had a 1% chance of survival, but he's doing better and better now. He still looks like operator central with all the tubes and lines, and he's in stable, but critical condition.

When I visited him at the ICU today, he was conscious and knew it was me. He could hold my hand and squeeze and nod his head when I talked to him, and it felt like he was trying to comfort me more than I was trying to comfort him. It was heart wrenching, but at least he is getting better.

外公遭遇到心血管剝離,
事情發生的好快。
一個星期內,
經歷了兩次超過10小時的手術,
醫生截支了他右腳,
切除了120公分的小腸,
重接了血管,
修復了心血管,
在他身上插一堆管子,
接上一堆機器。
醫生原本說他只有1%的機會,
但是現在狀況越來越好。
雖然還在加護病房,
身體插的管子讓他看起來像總機先生,
不過至少狀況穩定下來了。

今天去看阿公的時候,
他意識清醒,也知道是我,
還會跟我點頭,緊握我的手,
好像要安慰我,"阿公沒事啦"。
好心酸。

No comments: