Saturday 24 December 2011

Christmas present 聖誕節禮物



Having grown up in the States and then having moved back to Asia, Christmas was the time of year that took a lot of adjusting to. The spirit of Christmas here is not so much a time for family to get together, nor a time to spend lots of effort picking out those perfect gifts for family and friends. It's mostly a couple of busy nights for restaurants and an excuse for marketers to launch another campaign. So Christmas for my family has evolved to something kind of in between - we spend time together if we've got time, find gifts for each other if we plan to see each other. In other words, "out of sight, out of mind" is tolerated, and celebrating the holiday is optional. But we give each other things throughout the year and have a feast every time we meet for quality time anyway, so it's really Christmas all year long.

The above is my excuse for doing only one present this year. Before I say who or what, please examine the present in the picture. I wrapped it myself. In fact, I made the wrapping paper too. It is one of my woodblock prints. Yes, thank you very much. It's a great way to reuse artwork in progress destined for the recycling bin. What is inside the box is still a secret. Well, it's also something I made. The answer shall be revealed after Mama opens it.

Ho ho ho! Off to Tokyo I go!

Canon Kiss X3
EF 35mm f1.4 USM
Aperture

No comments: