Thursday 19 October 2006

For attractive lips...

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness.
- Sam Levenson, from "Time-tested beauty tips," one of Audrey Hepburn's favorite poems.

I've been quoting that all week on my MSN chat. You don't really see people's lips bend unpleasantly out of shape when they say nice things, do you? When you smile, the whole world seems like a nicer place, and you help make the world a nicer place too as people see you and smile back.

And when you are on the regular day shift, the world seems like a nicer place as well. Am I glad to be waking up in the mornings and going to sleep in the evenings! I haven't been able to sleep well, but that's OK! However, there are only eight more days left to enjoy before I turn into a vampire again. Must make the best of it!

Two days ago on the way to the car heading out to work, I put my spill-proof tumbler into my bag, along with everything, including my wallet, PDA, camera, sunglasses, memopad, MacBook adapter, business card case, make-up pouch, handkerchief, tissue pack, and the kitchen sink, the spill-proof tumbler spilled. It was my fault, because I didn't close the lid right. The good news is, it was just a lot of water. The bad news is my PDA went haywire and the classic, black Ferragamo wallet I bought during college was ruined. The 5 month old PDA was probably much more expensive and irreparably broken, but I didn't care (that much), because the wallet was what broke my heart.

The wallet got all out of shape before I got to the office and could properly dry it. The outside was easy, but water got inside too. I put it away in my drawer at work, and it's been there for 2 days now. I don't want to open the drawer and see its carcass. Maybe I'll just wait until it biodegrades. Oh, it's just so sad!

But I suppose there's always a rainbow following a storm. After hanging out with the dehumidfier in my room for a day, Mr PDA came back to life. At least I still have Mr PDA.

No comments: