Wednesday 15 October 2008

Reporter, Level II

I think I can stop calling myself a rookie. I’ve been reporting for 2,5 years, and I’m beginning to feel a second level of growth. Maybe it’s Solon, my new assignment editor. Maybe it’s time.

This night shift has been a nightmare. Since Saturday when this shift started, it’s been busy busy busy every single afternoon, evening and night. Assignments just coming and things just keep happening! Every single night, I’ve been starving until I can finally get dinner at 21h00 or even later. And when I’m eating at that hour, I’m having junk because there aren’t any restaurants open anymore. The only things left are hawker stands, which may be tasty for some, but a bit too dirty for me. In any case, it’s been busy, but in the past couple of nights I’ve noticed that my scripts are getting a little more interesting and my voiceovers getting a little better. The scripts and voice overs are sounding more lively, more like Solon’s, and I like the change. I think after I get this part down, I’d like to put my own scent and spirit into the stories. I’m not sure how I’m going to do it yet, but I think I’m getting closer. Before, when I tried to bring an international perspective to the story, it would always get taken out. My editors don’t like it. Maybe because FTV’s audience doesn’t like it. Maybe I’m just not doing it right. I don’t know. We’ll see.

2 comments:

TC said...

加油!

Unknown said...

Thanks, I will! :D