Saturday 20 October 2007

Frustration







At the dinner with Tainan County magistrate Su Huanzhi (蘇煥智), there were also a few people from the media there - anchors and news producers from CTI, TVBS, and Sanli. It turns out that they were there because they had booked interviews with Mama for the coming days. I found it ironic that FTV had not. I told my assigner about this event months ago, and they didn't seem interested. Tonight, I was given a pat on my back by one of the editor/producers for the joint interview that I did at the kick-off PC, and they said we should make sure to get her schedule for the next few days so we can do more stories on her. Well, that puts us at five steps too late. From a news standpoint, our advantage was that we knew about this month ago, and our relationship with Judy Ongg (through me) was probably stronger than any of the other stations. To have this and then still fall behind is a bit difficult to accept. Watching TVBS cover the speech at the university and Sanli airing their exclusive interview and then not seeing anything of the sort on our screen makes it even more difficult to take in. Sigh. I don't know. I suppose it's none of my business anyway. I did my job, and I guess that's all that matters for now.

(images via TVBS news)

No comments: