Monday 3 December 2007

Luxurious little nap

I did a bad thing today. I feel guilty, but I also feel good.

After another very tiring and lousy day thanks to my boss, I left early for the Czech Philharmonic Orchestra at the National Concert Hall. I got there just in time before it started, and found my seat, which was the last seat to one of the back rows on the main level. In other words, it was underneath the mezzanine level, dark, and there were very few people around me.

Five minutes after the orchestra started, I sank into my seat and let myself doze off to the beautiful music. It was Rachmaninov's Piano Concerto No 2. I let myself dream, and I dreamt of waves going up and down, up and down, big waves, small waves, crashing waves, calm waves... Occasionally, I would wake up, to make sure I wasn't sleeping too deeply and that my mouth wasn't open and I wasn't snoring. I was out for nearly 50 minutes!

It was almost 20h30 at intermission, and even though all the stress from the day was gone after my little nap, I was so tired. So I hopped on a bus and went home.

Falling asleep during a concert and then leaving in the middle of it... I feel a little guilty, and hope I'll never do it again, but gosh, my body and mind are so contented right now.

No comments: