Thursday 20 December 2007

Totally beat

I'm counting down the days to taking a break. It's t-11 days until Tokyo. Come to think of it, I'll only be there for two full days, I think it'll be refreshing. Looking forward to spending New Year's with Mama and Pearl, and Grandma and Grandpa if they're inTokyo.

These days, I'm really not sure what's worse - foul politics or my incompetent supervisor. I hate hate hate both. Never hated anything or anyone so much, but I guess there's a first for everything. These days, I quickly finish up my work and leave the 16th floor (where the reporters and assigners are) to avoid any unnecessary encounters, which mean ALL encounters. He never thinks anything through before assigning anything. He'll walk over with half a thought and blurt it out. Then he'll walk two steps back toward his desk and come back and change his mind. He'll do it several times until he finally figures out what he wants. This happens twice a day - once in the morning and once in the afternoon. Sometimes I just want to tell him, "figure out what you're thinking and what you want before opening your mouth." Reminds me of when I'm sick and I just can't seem to vomit everything up at once.

GRRRRRRRRR

No comments: