Saturday 15 September 2007

Clean bill of health, but ready to crack

After two weeks of spending all of my precious days off at the hospital getting checked up, the doctor gave me a clean bill of health.

But I'm still really tired. I'm ready to crack. I'm on the verge of applying for a leave of absence. A good six months perhaps. I'll go back to Tokyo, to San Francisco and maybe to New York perhaps. I'll sketch, dance, do yoga, ride horses, shoot film photos, take classes, relearn Japanese, relearn French, relearn Spanish, read, watch movies, play with dogs, have dinner with parents...

But to think that I'd be leaving while still rising fast on the learning curve doesn't make sense. I really enjoy reporting (especially the features) and anchoring, but I've gotten so tired that I can't even find words to describe it.

Sigh. I'm torn.

I'll let that sit in my brain for a while. In the meantime, I'll just try to sleep more and exercise more.

No comments: