Sunday 10 February 2008

Dinner at Uncle James' 到Uncle James家吃晚餐

Mom and Dad were totally spent from partying the previous night that they decided to skip the lunch party and go for a massage instead. After a nice Italian lunch with my new French friend Michel, listening to him talk about everything from molecular gastronomy to excavated Greek sculptures of Buddhism figures to Russian miracle cosmetics made from sturgeon DNA, I caught up with Mom and Dad. We each had a foot and body massage, and it was quite nice. It's a place Mom found on Longjiang Street. It's well-lit and clean, which are such important but often overlooked details.

#151 Longjiang Street
Taipei
Masseuse #66 worked on me. I like her.

爸爸和媽媽昨天在家請客,玩得太累,
今天決定去按摩,晚上再到Uncle James家。
我中午跟一個新的法國朋友Michel吃義大利菜,
聽了好多好有趣的資訊和知識,
從分子美食到希臘佛像到採用鱘魚基因的奇蹟保養品,
什麼都有。
吃完飯跟爸媽碰面,
到媽媽找的一家在龍江街上的腳底按摩店,
按腳按身體。
乾淨又明亮,感覺不錯。

台北市龍江街151號
66號老師幫我按的,我覺得不錯。

Afterwards, we headed to Uncle James' house. As soon as I walked in, Uncle James came up to me, shook my hand, said "happy new year," but wouldn't let go of my hand. Taking my hand hostage, he brought me into his kitchen and said, "you have to eat my mifen (米粉). I just made it." For a man whose reputation is that of a workaholic and probably doesn't even know where the broom in his house is kept, making mifen was quite a feat. And he was so proud of it. Buddy will tell you.



之後,我們到Uncle James家吃晚餐。
我一走進門,Uncle James很熱情的跑來握我的手說,
"新年快樂“。
說完了,手既然不還我,把它綁架,連人帶到廚房去。
Uncle James說,“妳一定要吃我的米粉,剛剛炒好的。"
以一個可能連自己家的掃把都不曉得放在哪裡的工作狂Uncle James來說,
炒一鍋米粉可是不得了的事。
他真的以他那鍋米粉為榮。
Buddy可以作證。



He opened the cabinet and asked, "which bowl would you like? How about this one? Here, take the big one. Here are the chopsticks." He gave me a soup bowl. As I helped myself to already a big serving, he took my chopsticks and bowl and said, "have more," and continued to pile in more mifen until it looked like a mifen mountain about to have a mudslide.



他打開放碗盤的櫃子,問我說,
"妳要哪個碗?這個好嗎?這個大的給妳。來,筷子。"
他既然拿了湯碗給我。
我開始盛米粉,已經盛了很多,
沒想到Uncle James把我的碗和筷子拿過去,幫我盛。
他說"多吃一點",然後繼續盛,
盛到我的米粉幾乎堆成快土石流的米粉山。

Uncle James, it was tasty! You should cook more often.

Uncle James,很好吃!你應該常一點做菜!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.