Friday 15 February 2008

My Valentine’s Day 我的情人節

On Valentine’s Day this year, I enjoyed a Starbucks café, received flowers, was treated to dinner, and attended a show in the evening. Sounds nice and romantic, doesn’t it? Oh, I missed some details. Let me try that again.

今年情人節,我享用了一杯咖啡、收到花、被請吃飯、晚上還看了一場秀。
聽起來很浪漫嗎?
喔,忘了一些細節,再來一次。

On Valentine’s Day this year, I enjoyed a Starbucks café from Shengchuan, as a thank-you for pulling a 17-hour shift for her yesterday (she is days away from giving birth to her son so I offered to help). I received a plum blossom plant from Mom because she knew that I was probably not going to get flowers from anyone. Dinner was take-out oden (Japanese braised turnip, fishcake and konniyaku) from Mom who bought it from Takashimaya department store because I was back on the night shift and she felt sorry that I was probably going to eat instant noodles in front of my computer by myself while waiting for a fire alarm to go off. After eating my oden in front of my computer with pictures of candles on the screen, I went to a show of a very young and charming Indonesian pastor preaching like a rock star to more than five thousand Taiwanese people jam packed in the National Taiwan University sports arena about how worshipping their ancestors is wrong and how worshipping Jesus Christ is right. I watched people who said they were immobile get up out of their wheelchair and dance on stage with the pastor, a person who had throat cancer and could not talk start to sing on stage with the pastor and plenty of people fainting into the arms of event staff at the touch of the pastor.

At the end of the show, I even got an exclusive interview - because no other station showed up.

Thank you Shengchuan, Mom and FTV for a memorable Valentine’s Day. ;)

今年情人節,我享用了一杯聖傳姊請我的咖啡,
因為昨天我幫她值17小時的超人班。
她的寶寶已經快出生了,看她好辛苦,
所以我主動問她要不要幫她值班。
我收到媽媽的長壽梅盆栽,
因為她知道今年大概沒人會送我花。
晚餐也是媽媽請的,
是高島屋百貨公司地下室的”黑輪”。
媽媽知道我今晚值小夜班,
所以應該是在電腦前邊吃泡麵邊等火警,
很可憐。
吃完我的黑輪,就到台大小體育管採訪秀。
什麼秀?
一名有著搖滾明星般魅力的印尼牧師的醫治佈道秀。
超過五千人擠滿了體育管,
聽牧師說崇拜祖先是錯的,
崇拜耶穌才是對的。
我看到一些人說自己行動不方便,
最後在台上和牧師跳舞。
我看到一個人說得了喉癌,不能講話,
最後在台上和牧師唱卡拉OK。
我看到一群人一被牧師碰到,
就昏倒在地。
就是這麼一場秀。

秀結束,我還撈到個獨家專訪,
因為其他台都不要,沒來。

謝謝聖傳姊、媽媽還有民視給我這麼一個難忘的情人節。;)

No comments: