Saturday 9 February 2008

One of those mornings 有時候就是有這樣的任務



One evening two weeks ago an education reporter at Sanli TV couldn’t think of a story to pitch to her boss for the following morning but had to, so decided that going to the Ministry of Education at 7h30 was what she was going to do, even though there was nothing to do except to try to catch a media-hating minister going into work in the event that he doesn’t decide to use the back or side doors to avoid the reporters. I told my boss that she was going and he said, “then you go too, just in case they get something that we don’t.”

In the video clip, I asked my colleague at CTI TV what we were doing at the MOE, and she said, “waiting for the minister and wasting our life away.”

In the end, he snuck up to his office via one of the other entrances as we waited by the front door. I hate having to wake up at 6h00 for assignments like these, but I guess it gives me more stupid stories to tell.



上上星期某個晚上,三立的教育同業想不出隔天的稿單,
但是因為非開不可,決定早上七點半到教育部堵部長。
這個討厭媒體的部長會當著記者的面從大門走進去才怪,
但是以防萬一人家拍到什麼,長官還是派了我早車去。
沒東西問,沒關係,不要漏就好了。

最後,部長就是從別的門溜進去,沒有人拍到。
很不喜歡為了這種任務早上六點起床,但是沒法度啦,
至少有這種令人覺得好笑的故事可以說。



No comments: