Sunday 19 November 2006

Media madness

The wife to the Taichung mayor is in critical condition from a car wreck. She is still alive, but all the TV stations are running stories and stories on her like they do when people die. Personally, I think one on her special background is enough, but 3 or 4 just feels a bit much. I really hope she gets better. Sigh. Remember to wear your seatbelt.

I got lucky and got to do my exclusive on the Beitou library. Sounds boring in comparison and probably won't get any airtime, but I'm glad I was able to do that instead. It's a good library, by the way. I'll post the script and pictures tomorrow.

The other story I did was on stinky tofu. There's a study (first reported by Apple Daily) that concludes if organic stinky tofu is eaten raw, supposedly it's got more bacteria than yogurt and so can cure constipation and other GI problems. If applied to rotting tissue, it can stop the bad bacteria from growing as well. I felt I had all the information I needed for the story, but my pictures were less than satisfactory. Zhihong was in a bad mood today, and I haven't figured out how to charm him to do things when he doesn't feel like it so I left it as is.

My writing speed has noticeably improved. It still takes me 30-35 minutes per script, but the process is not as agonizing as before.

I've been lethargic for 3 days now. I think I'm really catching something. Hopefully the doctor will be back tomorrow.

No comments: