Wednesday 28 October 2009

Cycling along Keelung River

Went cycling again this morning. I love that feeling of having finished a good, physical workout before the sun's completely up. When I rowed in college, it was great to say, "By the time we get off the water as people are just getting ready to go to the office, we'll have done more work than they'll do all day." Those grueling practices, nonstop sports injuries, ice packs, heat packs, plastic wraps and rehab days are way behind me, but they sure make good memories that I'll keep for the rest of my life. My 30 km morning cycling by the Keeling River brings back those memories, especially when there's a freezing headwind and I wish I were in bed instead!

Here's a picture of where I ride, from a chain email that's being passed around.

No comments: