Wednesday 30 April 2008

Comments for Michella Jade Weng, Anchor 給主播翁郁容的批評指教

I've had quite a few interesting comments about me as an anchor recently. Here are some of them for your amusement.

最近有一些對於主播翁郁容的批評指教,
還蠻有趣的,和大家分享一下。

Ann (friend): Hey, my mom and I saw you anchoring last week. She wanted me to ask you, "is that your real hair?"
Me: No, that's actually a helmet. When I'm done, I take it off and put it on the next anchor. Just kidding. That really is my hair. Amazing what they can do, huh?

Ann(朋友): ㄟ,我和我媽上週末看到妳播新聞,
她要我問妳,"那是妳真的頭髮嗎?"
我: 不是,其實那是個頭盔,
我播完就拆下來,換下一位主播戴。
開玩笑啦,是我真的頭髮,
那些人可以把我頭髮變這樣,實在是有夠厲害。

Ms Su (hair stylist): I saw you anchoring a few days ago. How did your hair end up with corners on the top right and left?
Me: My friend's mom asked me if that was my real hair, and I said it's actually a helmet...
Ms Su: I can't believe they're doing this to your hair. It looks flat on top! And how did they come up with those corners out of thin air?
Me: Sigh. I don't know. Our MD was complaining that our hair's too flat and wanted me to get a perm so it stands up. She said anchors should have poofy hair, so they look more authoritative and have more of a presence. I think I'd much rather wear a helmet, but to prevent her from making me actually get a perm, let's figure something out and cut my hair so they can't possibly make it flat with corners anymore.
Ms Su: Aiya. Let's give it a shot.

Actually, the monitors inside the sub control are viewed in 4:3, and all the TV's in the station are old, so they're in 4:3, too. This is because the old standard is 4:3, so everything is shot in 4:3. But the problem is, newer TV's that people have in their homes are viewed in 16:9, so what was originally a little flat seems really really flat and I guess makes the "corners" in my head really obvious. I believe that's part of the problem. But the good thing about having strange hair (and strange make-up) on-screen is that no one (including the paparazzi) recognizes you in public. Heh heh heh. I guess I don't have to start behaving just yet.

蘇老師(頭髮造型師): 前幾天看到妳播新聞,
妳的頭髮怎麼冒出兩個角?
我: 我朋友的媽媽問說那是不是我真的頭髮,
我跟她說是頭盔...
蘇老師: 他們怎麼把妳頭髮弄成這樣?
上面看起來是扁的!
還有那兩個角,他們哪裡生出來的?
我: 嘆氣。不知道。我們經理那天說
我們頭髮都太扁了,要去燙一燙,
看起來才有主播的氣勢。
我覺得我寧願戴頭盔,
不過避免真的被抓去燙頭髮,
我們想想辦法把我的頭髮剪到
他們無法吹扁,生角。
蘇老師: 哎呀。好吧,來試試看。

其實,副空/台裡都是看4:3的monitor,
因為以往的標準就是4:3,
但是大家現在家裡都是16:9的電視,
所以原來扁扁的看起來更扁,甚至"長角"。
我認為部份問題在這。
電視上有個怪髮型(和怪妝)的好處是,
出門不會被人(包括狗仔)認出來。
嘿嘿嘿。
看來還不用開始“乖一點“。

Big bird (anchor sempai at another TV station): You being an anchor is really a pity. You have a complicated brain. You ought to be doing something suited for complicated brains.

This one got me thinking. Still thinking. I have a few ideas. Stay tuned. ;)

大鳥(別台的主播前輩): 妳當主播可惜了。
妳是個腦筋複雜的人,
應該去做一些腦筋複雜的事。
這個讓我想了好幾下,現在還在想。
已經有幾個想法了,別走開喔。 ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,Jade,

I watched this morning's MinShiTV News and felt interested in JiJi where you featured on. Could you please refer me the Blog of American guy "Michael". I'd like to have my husband (who is also American) to read what he has to say about Taiwan, In English, hopefully.

Good job! Thanks a lot!

usawaywise@yahoo.com

Sherry

Unknown said...

Thanks for watching!

This is Michael's blog:
http://michaelturton.blogspot.com/