Wednesday 2 January 2008

Happy new year from Tokyo

Here's a new year's present from my new friend, William. I have no idea where in the world he is, but I'm sending this to you from Tokyo, where I'll be opening the first chapter of the year. But it'll be short chapter, for it's back to Taipei on the 4th where the countdown to legislative elections will surely bring some interesting words to the pages.

Looking forward to enjoying a 2008 full of surprises.

MJ






I Am The New Year

-Author Unknown



I am the New Year. I am unused, unspotted, without blemish. I stretch before you three hundred and sixty-five days long. I will present each day in its turn, a new leaf in the Book of Life, for you to place upon it your imprint.

It remains for you to make of me what you will; if you write with firm, steady strokes, my pages will be a joy to look upon when the next New Year comes. If the pen falters, if uncertainty or doubt should mar the page, it will become a day to remember with pain.



I am the New Year. Each hour of the three hundred and sixty-five days, I will give you sixty minutes that have never known the use of man. White and pure, I present them; it remains for you to fill them with sixty jeweled seconds of love, hope, endeavor, patience, and trust in God.



I am the New Year. I am here- but once past, I can never be recalled. Make me your best.

No comments: