Friday 25 January 2008

Tired 累

Mentally and physically fatigued.

身心都累了

A week has gone by since coming off the half-month day/night shift, and I still can't seem to get my energy back. I've trying to get up early to jog, but to no avail. Busy evenings have kept me from going to yoga, too. I'm constantly tired and spacing out at work and falling asleep in strange places, like the video editing room as Roy is cutting away. I sleep enough at night, yet I'm still so tired and cold. My eyes are uncomfortably dry and sore too.

距離連續上完半個月的班已經有一個星期了,但是精神和體力都還沒恢復
每天都準備早起去跑步,但就是爬不起來
下班後也有好多事,所以瑜珈也沒得去
最近都在一些奇奇怪怪的地方睡著,那天政諺在剪接室剪帶,我就在旁邊椅子上,頭靠在門框,睡到他剪完叫我起床
我晚上都有睡足夠時間,但還是好累,好冷,連眼睛也好乾好酸

In addition to losing energy, I'm also losing patience. Usually, when I'm assigned something that I think is a waste of resources and the audience's time, I just do it. Yesterday, I was assigned to do a story on Nobel Laureate of Chemistry Lee Yuan-tseh (李遠哲) not coming back to Taiwan until Saturday. The media was anticipating his return because during his trip to Japan, he expressed for the first time that he supports presidential candidate Frank Hsieh (謝長廷) in an interview with Sankei News (産経ニュース), and the media wanted him to elaborate. For background, he is a man of significance because he is a scholar that openly expresses his political opinions and often makes strong statements against the government. Well, the media guessed he was returning with an entourage on Thursday, but word came out Thursday afternoon that he was to come back Saturday. I asked his secretary why, and she said that's how it was scheduled from the beginning. Despite nothing new having happened, nothing new having been said, nothing new having been analyzed, I was told to write a story on him not returning because he was not scheduled to return on that day. I think it would be sensible to write a two-sentence news brief for the anchor, but they wanted me to write an entire story. My fuse had gotten dangerously short, so I quickly finished and left the news gathering center and headed for refuge at the English news desk downstairs. There, the weather's always nice, and integrity and common sense are usually intact. I sat there until it was time to leave.

除了沒體力,耐心也沒了
通常被派(我覺得)阿哩不搭,浪費資源也浪費觀眾的時間的任務,半句話不說就做
但是昨天來個"李遠哲今天不回國"任務
媒體以為他週四回來,但秘書說本來就是週六要回來
所以要跟全國包括海外用衛星收我們新聞的觀眾交代
我認為這訊息可以寫個乾稿給主播帶過就好了,因為沒有任何新發展或新觀點
但是就是要我做一整條出來
交出來之後,火線已經要看不見了,所以躲到天氣永遠都很好,而且common sense和integrity還沒被丟掉的英語新文,等下班

Today, I didn't wake up until Jenny called at 10h30. Still tired and immobile. The Lunar New Year holidays is 12 days away, but I wonder if I can last that long. Hopefully there won't be any "news" on Minister of Education Tu Cheng-sheng (杜正勝) to chase after until then. But that's wishful thinking. The only thing I can say to myself these days is, "look at this as practice" and take a lot of deep breaths and do things to take my mind off work and the negative energy around it.

今天早上,我睡到Jenny十點半打電話來才醒過來
還是沒精神,沒行動力
距離春節還有12天,但是不曉得能不能撐到那時候
希望不會有杜正勝的"新聞"要追,不過這應該是wishful thinking
現在只能跟自己說"當作練習就好",深呼吸,多做一些然我不會想到"新聞"工作的事,還有工作周遭的negative energy

No comments: