Wednesday 9 January 2008

New friends 新朋友

Recently, I've been very lucky and made a few new friends:
William - a marketing expert
Elaine - an arts and culture expert
Jason - a revolutionary

最近很幸運,交了幾個新朋友
William - 行銷專家
Elaine - 藝文專家
Jason - 革命者

Jason's my age, so we talk about silly things. He likes to bring food to my flat and sulk and talk about politics while I iron handkerchiefs and do laundry. It's a strange kind of friendship, but it's also strangely fun.

Jason 跟我同年齡,所以我們聊的事都很無聊
他喜歡帶東西來我家吃,他一邊講他熱愛的政治議題,一邊享受自己悶悶不樂的心情,那我就一邊燙手帕,洗衣服
很奇怪的一種友誼,但是還滿有趣的

William and Elaine are a bit older than me and seem to be very experienced and well connected in Taiwan. They're knowledgeable and fun, and I really hope to get to know them better. Also, it turns out that we know the same people in different circles. And they both know Afu well. Well well well... They told me it was a good idea that we broke up. Ha. From the glimmer in their eyes, I think they are coming up with a plan to marry me off (to someone else). Very strange for I've just met them, but it also feels like we are old friends from a past life.

William 和 Elaine 兩位比我大許多
他們很有經驗,在台灣關係看來也相當好,對很多事情都很有知識
真希望能夠多和他們認識
不過聊著聊著,發現我們在不同圈子卻認識一些同樣的人
他們還跟阿甫很熟呢,還跟我說分手分得好

不過從他們笑笑和神祕的眼神,我覺得他們在偷偷計畫想找個人把我給嫁掉
雖然剛認識,他們這樣讓有點奇怪,但同時也感覺我們好像是上輩子就認識的老朋友

No comments: